Our experience on the hot tub boat tour in New York City!
You know I LOVE boat tours in NYC, seeing the Manhattan skyline from the Hudson or East River is pure magic and it never gets old, even though I’ve been living here for over 10 years, I will always say yes to this kind of experience.
I’ve talked about a bunch of them on the blog and on my instagram but the one I’m sharing today is different from all the other ones and I might say it might be my favorite, at least in the summer!
I was invited by Sea The City to experience their Hot Tub Boat Tour, a 90 minute boat ride along the Hudson River that will take your breath away, stopping in front of iconic places in NYC!
What you need to know:
- The boat has two hot tubs, each tub can accommodate up to 10 people. You can either book both tubs if you have a larger group or one for up to 10 guests.
- They don’t mix groups, so only you and your party will be sharing the same hot tub.
- The tour lasts 90 minutes. We booked the 8pm slot and it was PERFECT, we saw the sunset and the city coming to life at night with all the lights. It was beautiful (photos are here to confirm!)
- How much does the hot tub boat tour cost? Prices vary according to the day of the week, hour and number of people. We were a group of 10 and if we were to split equally, each person would have to pay about $130 (not including tax and fees and gratuity – we tipped U$15-20 per person).
- I saved my experience on my instagram REELS, click HERE to watch!
- You can bring your own drinks (BYOB) – beer and/or wine! Much cheaper than most tours when you have to pay for drinks. They offer cups (photos above) and coolers, so don’t worry and enjoy the ride!
- You can play your own music, so get your playlist ready, they can connect your phone via bluetooth!
- You must be 13+ to ride.
- Use my code MARTHA TOWELS to get free towels for your ride, very convenient, so you don’t need to worry about carrying one and then taking it back home wet. Simply insert the code in the comment box when booking your experience on the Sea the City website.
- The hot tub was very clean and they guarantee they clean it very well. We had zero problems with that.
- The boat departs from Jersey City and the best way to get there is to drive and park (paid parking available – we paid $7 for 2 hours) or take the PATH train + Uber/taxi/Lyft (about 10 minutes). You can also take the Liberty Landing ferry in Downtown Manhattan (U$7 each way).
- There is a bathroom and a changing room on the boat and a large plastic bin to put everyone’s belongings. I don’t recommend bringing too much stuff if you have a large group, just to make things easier if you need to grab something during the tour. There are also some hooks available if you need to hang towels/shirts by the hot tub.
- Yes, even if it rains you can go on the tour. There are canvas covers to protect from heavy rain and is comfortable and enjoyable regardless of precipitation (according to their website, it wasn’t raining when we went). Plus, you will be wet from the hot tub anyway. But you can change your booking date for free with at least 48 hours notice.
- Don’t be late! Arrive at least 15 minutes before and bring a photo ID.
Oh, before I forget…To see more of my day to day life in NYC and get the hottest tips, join my NYC tips Facebook group HERE, follow me on Instagram (@marthasachser or @blognyandabout) and subscribe to my Youtube channel! And if you are traveling to NYC, don’t forget to get my New York City Guide HERE!
We had a great time and I fell in love with NYC again, this experience was a great reminder to appreciate life, friends and this city that I still can’t believe I get to call HOME! When booking feel free to use my code MARTHA TOWELS, I make a small commission when you do that and you get free towels! Thank you for supporting my work! And thanks for having us Sea the City!