If you follow me on instagram, you might know that I’m currently taking classes at ILSC, one of the top english schools in the world. Even though I’ve been living in New York City for 7 years, I felt the need to polish my English by taking business and academic level classes at ILSC to improve my vocabulary even more. The experience has been great and made me wanna travel to different cities around the world to continue improving my skills and learn more about other cultures! So after searching the ILSC website, I decided to create a top 5 cities where I would love to study english one day to inspire you too!
New York City, United States
I couldn’t leave NY out of this list, it is not only “the greates city of all” but it’s also an amazing opportunity to meet people from all over the world! The ILSC campus is centrally located downtown in Manhattan, close to the famous Brooklyn Bridge. Wall Street, City Hall, and many other iconic sights are all within close walking distance from the school. ILSC-New York is also an official language test centre for IELTS
- FREE mentorship program means that every student gets teamed up with a staff mentor who can answer any questions they might have – from the school experience, to where to get the best New York pizza, and more!
- Both our USA locations offer a strong emphasis on foundational skills and a variety of options to support the growth of your business language skills, including Executive Business English Certificates, and a Volunteer Experience program where you can volunteer with local NGOs.
- Connect with ILSC staff and students at our FREE after-class workshops – learn about art, cooking and more!
- A variety of English course and program options are available for students hoping to attend University or College in the USA. In addition to the University Pathway Program, ILSC-New York also has a University Admissions Service, and an on campus English study + GMAT or GRE preparation program offered with The Princeton Review.
- NEW PM schedules offer a wider variety of English study options!
Laid-back city set along the winding Brisbane River with eclectic music, arts and café culture. Learn English in Brisbane, a sleek, multicultural city in Australia’s east, just north of the Gold Coast. You will fall in love with its year-round, warm subtropical climate and the beautiful Brisbane River that curves through the heart of the city. Brisbane combines all the exciting elements of big city living, great culture, music, shopping, arts and more, with a warmth and welcoming feel of a smaller community, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
The ILSC–Brisbane campus is only two minutes from Central Railway Station and overlooks a lovely park. The student lounge opens out onto a protected, enclosed terrace, where you can take breaks, relax and eat lunch.
- They offer a welcome BBQ that takes place every session.
- They offer a FREE Chit Chat club. They pair students with locals so they can get together and practice their English in a casual, fun environment.
- You can join the FREE Job Club and learn all you need to know about securing a job in Australia.
- You can take the Café Work Skills course and learn English and barista skills.
- You can make a difference in the world and practice your English in one of the many charitable fun events ILSC-Brisbane participates in each year.
- ILSC-Brisbane also offers VET (Vocational Education and Training) programs through ILSC Business College.
This is the one I’m dying to go to! Why?? Well, besides English you can also learn French in Montreal, the largest French-speaking city in the world outside of Paris! Need I say more??! You’ll enjoy a unique mix of old European charm and lively urban culture. This metropolis of 3.8 million people offers culture around the clock, in both official languages. If you’re passionate about the arts, film, food and fashion, you’ll fall in love with the city as soon as you arrive. Discover old-world architecture and modern style in the city with many chic shopping districts and lush green parks. The city’s unique character was shaped by the French, the English, and immigrants from more than 80 countries which has created a captivating mix of culture and diversity.
ILSC-Montréal’s campus is set in the heart of Old Montréal, close to the Old Port, and near public transit, parks, shopping and more!The school is also an official language test centre for IELTS, Cambridge Exams FCE and CAE and TEF Canada and TEFaQ.
- The campus is a boutique-size school with a family feel; you’ll quickly get to know all of our staff and many students.
- They offer a variety of bilingual activities. Whether you’re learning English, French or both, there is something in Montreal for everyone!
- They offer unique courses and programs at its bilingual campus including the French through Montréal course, the Volunteer Experience Program (available in English or French), the English through Food course, the French through Fashion and Design course, and many more!
- They are the only centre in Quebec accredited by Cambridge University to deliver CELTA.
- If you want to teach french, their CEFLE Program (Certificat D’Enseignement du Francais Langue Seconde ou Etrangere) will prepare you for a career teaching french.
San Francisco, United States
One of my favorite places on earth! San Francisco is a stunning city located along the Northern Coast of California, with unique landscape, and cultural flair. With its steep rolling hills, and quaint street cars, its picturesque parks, and seaside neighbourhoods, San Francisco has a relaxed west coast feel that reflects its natural scenery, and the inclusive, open-minded attitudes of the locals. The city boasts the largest Chinatown outside of Asia, and with over 30% of the population born outside of the United States, San Francisco has an amazing multicultural mix.
The ILSC-San Francisco campus is conveniently located in the city’s downtown core, close to public transit, banks, restaurants, shopping and more!
- They offer A+ Support Service which includes FREE one-on-one tutoring, and academic advising to help you achieve your goals!
- They offer a strong emphasis on foundational skills and a variety of options to support the growth of your business language skills, including Executive Business English Certificates, and a Volunteer Experience program where you can volunteer with local NGOs.
- They offer a variety of English course and program options are available for students hoping to attend University or College in the USA. In addition to the University Pathway Program, ILSC-San Francisco also has a University Admissions Service, and an on campus English study + GMAT or GRE preparation program offered with The Princeton Review.
- Unique courses and programs include the Leader in Training Program and the English through San Francisco course.
- NEW PM schedules offer a wider variety of study options!
I would go to India in a heart beat! I love the culture, the music, the colors…So why not get the best of both worlds? New Delhi is the vibrant, bustling capital of India and combines ancient culture with modern mega-city energy. This young metropolis was built upon the remnants of ancient cities. A fascinating mix of historical monuments and modern high-tech industry, colourful nightlife and fabulous shopping and dining options, New Delhi is a feast for the senses. It is also a convenient launching point for some of India’s best tourist destinations like the Taj Mahal, Rajasthan and the majestic Himalayan Hill Stations. ILSC-New Delhi’s campus is conveniently located in South Delhi, near transit, major shopping and all the amenities you might need.
- Their small school feel combines local Indian students with students from around the world.
- They offer a unique range of free cultural activities for students. You can learn about Indian culture with cooking classes, dance lessons and more!
- Morning Yoga classes can be added to any study schedule – learn about this amazing practice in its country of origin.
- Complement your English learning adventure with the Hindi Certificate Program, and develop Hindi basics to help you with daily life in India
So where would you like to go? ILSC schools are also located in other major cities: Vancouver, Toronto, Sidney and Melbourne! Make sure to check their website HERE to learn more about the schools and classes they offer!
This post was made in collaboration with ISLC. I was invited to study at their NYC campus and share my real experience with you!